Blinking is certainly taken for granted and passed over for its benefits, but it keeps your eyes moisturized and fresh, and you can focus for longer periods of time. Those who use the computer and individuals who watch television often forget to blink regularly, especially when they are engrossed in what they are doing.
When we blink, our eyes go into a brief time of darkness that keeps them fresh and provides a respite. Blinking also discharges previous “images” and then makes it ready to process new ones, preventing eye strain.
Do the following exercises at regular intervals throughout the day:
1. Rapid blinking – focus on blinking every 4 seconds for 2 minutes
2. Slow blinking – focus on blinking every 30 seconds for 2 minutes
Repeat these 2 steps 3 times – your eyes should feel more rested and less strained.
Known as the Figure Eight, this exercise will help in increasing eye flexibility and improving your eye muscles.
1. Imagine a huge figure of eight about 10 feet straight ahead
2. Turn the 8 and lay it out on its side
3. Trace the imaginary figure slowly with your eyes. Trace it one way for about 3 to 5 minutes, then reverse the direction for another 3 to 5 minutes
It may be hard to focus on the imaginary number, but it is worth the exercise and benefits it gives your eyes.
1. Eat foods that contribute to good eye health. Vitamins C and E, zinc, lutein, zeaxanthin, and omega-3 fatty acids are essential for healthy eyes. These nutrients can help prevent cataracts, clouding of your eye lens, and even age-related macular degeneration.
Overall a good healthy, balanced diet is going to be helpful for your eyes.
2. Eat foods that contain vitamin E. Include seeds, nuts, wheat germ, and vegetable oils into your diet. These foods are rich in vitamin E, so incorporating some of them into your daily diet will help you to get you daily dose of vitamin E.
3. Eat foods that contain zinc. Include beef, pork, shellfish, peanuts, and legumes into your diet. These foods contain zinc, which is important for your eye health.
The ultimate 2 minute 2 drop handy spa for your tired eyes.
Working those long hours in front of computer screens, digital devices , riding those long distances are bound to get your eyes tired and stressed. Our drops helps to hydrate eyes, making you feel refreshed and energised.
A cool, contemporary, companion anytime , anywhere to help rejuvenate your eyes and boost your productivity.
Copyright © 2017 Advanced eye care | All rights reserved.